Contact us today to learn how our firm can help you win your case.

I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?

If you have been hit by a car on your bike, you might be experiencing emotional and physical pain that has made it hard for you to work or have a normal life. You might be wondering if it’s possible to sue the person who hit you to try and recover some of the expenses you have incurred. 

If you have been hit by a car on your bike, you can sue the other person by filing a personal injury lawsuit

Filing a Personal Injury Case  

Getting hit by a car while riding your bike is a form of negligence that will allow you to file a personal injury lawsuit. Any type of car or bike accident will be a personal injury case that can be brought to a lawyer. Keep in mind that any kind of lawsuit is costly and will take a lot of time before you see any compensation or real results. 

Just because you are in a lawsuit and filing a claim doesn’t mean you will have to spend time in court or have a trial. This usually only happens in complicated cases where the companies fail to negotiate or give you the payout you deserve.  

Going Through the At-Fault Driver’s Insurer 

Sometimes you don’t even need to hire a lawyer or go to court. You can go straight to the driver’s insurance company. This is called a third-party claim. In most states, you can seek compensation from a third party for a number of causes including medical treatment, lost income, repair and replacement of your bike, and any pain or suffering in connection to the car accident and your injuries. 

You will need to have all your medical records and have photos of the injuries. The insurance company will always ask for proof of everything. You might also need to have your doctor fill out extra forms or provide more information. 

Partnering with a lawyer can still be very beneficial even if you aren’t going to court. Lawyers are often able to get more from insurance companies because they are more skilled in negotiating and they know the questions to ask to reach settlements quicker. 

Make sure you have all the information you need from the other driver’s insurance company so you can submit it all to the lawyer. 

Get Ahold of a Personal Injury Lawyer Today 

For suing the person who hit you while you were riding your bike, you should consider partnering with a personal injury lawyer. They will be able to better navigate the court and insurance companies to get you a higher settlement than you could get on your own. Henry Dailey Law Firm is here for you.

Fill out the contact form on this page to get started. You can also call us at 205-995-2412. We are always happy to talk with you. 



* All Fields Required



office hours
  • Monday 8am-5pm

  • Tuesday 8am-5pm

  • Wednesday 8am-5pm

  • Thursday 8am-5pm

  • Friday 8am-5pm

  • Sat & Sun Closed




  • * All Fields Required