Montgomery Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you injured in an accident that someone else caused? Speak with a Montgomery injury lawyer to increase your chance of receiving the compensation you’re entitled to.
You shouldn’t be responsible for covering the costs of your injuries if you weren’t at fault for the accident that injured you. The Henry Dailey Law Firm has the experience you need to make sure that the at-fault party is held liable.
A Montgomery personal injury lawyer from our firm will investigate your case to determine what category your injuries fall into, the parties who should be brought to justice for their negligence, and the total value of your injuries. Working with a personal injury lawyer can make all the difference in the aftermath of a devastating accident.
When to File a Montgomery Personal Injury Claim
Consider filing a personal injury claim if you were involved in an accident and suffered injuries due to the carelessness or negligence of someone else. Some common types of accidents that could make you eligible to file a personal injury claim include the following scenarios:
- Product Liability – Defective or malfunctioning products that cause serious damage to the consumer often warrant a claim for damages.
- Work and Construction Accidents – When workers compensation doesn’t cover your damages or someone other than your employer injured you, you can file a personal injury claim if you were injured while performing your job duties.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – These claims would include crashes between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian, another motor vehicle, a bicyclist, a tractor-trailer, a public transportation vehicle, or a motorcyclist.
- Premises Liability – Most commonly, premises liability claims involve slip-and-fall accidents, but this category can also include any type of accident that occurs on an unsafe property that the property owner had a duty to maintain.
If you believe any of the above situations applies to your accident, you may want to consult with a Montgomery accident injury lawyer who can examine your case to determine which steps you need to take as you pursue fair and full compensation from the liable party.
Establishing Fault in Montgomery Personal Injury Claims
The person or people responsible for your injuries will depend greatly on the type of accident you’ve been involved in.
For instance, motor vehicle accidents are usually the fault of the other driver or a parts manufacturer, work injuries can hold your employer, supervisor, or a third party liable, and defective product liability claims can name any negligent party in the product’s chain of distribution.
While finding out who should be named as the defendant in your Montgomery personal injury claim is crucial to your case, it is equally important that we are able to establish that you did not play a role in the cause of your injuries.
Alabama is one of only a handful of states that follow the pure contributory fault rule, which means that if you are even a little bit at fault for the accident, you will not be able to recover compensation for your damages.
Recover Your Damages
The ways in which catastrophic injuries impact the victim are relatively similar across accident types. Although each case will have varying degrees of severity, most injuries affect similar parts of victims’ lives. For example, when a person is filing a Montgomery personal injury claim and seeking damages, he or she will almost always consider the following areas when calculating a reasonable settlement value:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription costs
- Expenses from doctor visits
- Medical equipment
- Adjustments to your home to accommodate medical equipment
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your personal injury lawyer in Montgomery will be able to obtain the medical opinion of your physicians regarding the extent of your injuries so we can determine a fair compensation request that will cover you both now and into the future. Remember, every accident scenario is different, so the damages you are able to recover will be, as well.
Contact a Montgomery Personal Injury Attorney
When you have suffered serious injuries because of the negligence of someone else, a qualified attorney at the Henry Dailey Law Firm can be the difference between a successful claim and a crippling loss.
If you are ready to schedule your no-cost consultation with an experienced Montgomery personal injury lawyer, give our office a call at 205-995-2412 or enter your information into the online contact form at the bottom of this page.